Insurance agents are blind.
Don’t worry, it’s not just you.
Compared to someone experiencing it for the first time, we’re all blind to our environment.
I’m sure you notice when things in your agency change, but when was the last time you looked at your agency through the eyes of someone experiencing it for the first time?
First impressions happen fast, hold incredible weight, and are hard to change.
Within the first 10 seconds, visitors to your agency will generate their answer to the following questions:
- Is your agency easy to do business with?
- Is your agency successful or failing?
- Is your agency forward-thinking or old-school?
- Does your agency care about customers?
- Is your staff overworked and underpaid?
- Are your products cheap or overpriced?
- Are you and your staff trustworthy?
- Are they going to buy from you or not?
I understand how difficult it is to look at your agency with a fresh set of eyes, so I developed The Insurance Agency First Impression Checklist.
It’s a downloadable PDF you can print and use to take notes and identify opportunities to improve the first impression people get when they visit your agency.
3 Additional Points:
- If you have ideas for this checklist please suggest them in the comments below. I can still adjust the document.
- Please email a link to this page to any agents or sales managers that would be interested in selling more insurance with better first impressions.
- If you’d like to see more “checklist-type” content, click the like button so I know. This is the first time I’ve done this.